Dienstag, 27. Januar 2009

Day 27

Sort of destroyed today's picture in lightroom, but somehow i just wanted to, i'm sort of bored... maybe. What ever.

Yesterday's picture was the label of a driver CD, it had a barcode printed on it.
I liked the... umh... "relationship" between the white and the green, and the way how the barcode added some nice "texture" and something dark as a contrast.

The otter could have been a very nice picture, one of my best, but the reasons i don't really consider it a keeper is because the focus isn't really where i want it to be, there is no real contrast, it looks a bit "grey" to me, i didn't liked the composition, no matter how i crop it and i took it maybe a split second to soon, i want the top of his head facing the camera, and some other stuff. To much things i don't like, but i still like otters, and i will keep it, even if it's just for me. :) I'm picky with my pictures, wouldn't have shown most of the pictures i submit here anyway, but there are 1 or 2 i like, i personally like my picture for day 10, and like the great ansel adams once said: "Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop" i think i should be a little bit more satisfied, on the other hand, i think he haven't been able to take 1000 pictures a day, and somehow that makes the quote worthless in todays world. Some outdoor photography would have been nice, to bad my spine still isn't really fixed according to my doctor.
I think i'm just starting to look for excuses again so i stop here.

Today's shoebox picture:

4 Kommentare:

  1. I find that I enjoy your shoebox pictures so very much! You have a really good eye. Im sorry I have not been able to comment as often as I would like.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I can't decide what today's picture is of! It could be many things but none spring to mind. I will ponder. It must have been early in the morning or late at nigt when you took the second photo cos no one's working!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Today's photo has a rather large distracting flash flare on it which is a shame, cos the graphic shapes are interesting.
    Nice shoebox shot with great DOF and perspective. Nice one.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Today's shot looks familiar, is that a kitchen utensil? Or a Denman vent brush... and your shoebox shot, I'll bet that's the operations floor of a call center...

    AntwortenLöschen