Mittwoch, 21. Januar 2009

Day 21

Day 21.
;) Lets see who can guess what that object is.

Nelson: I guess you are right, to much people seem to take such discussions to a very personal level, if this happens a real discussion is not possible, and the whole thing gets dirty.

Today's picture from the shoebox is relatively new, you might have seen it in the low-key contest 09 some days ago. It got upgraded to a gold-medal yesterday. I made 5. place (i like to say 3. since the first 3 came from 1 person) but i feel a little bit bad about that, since i only got it because they haven't payed for their entry, i'm not complaining, i love to win, but i feel bad for the 2 other persons that took better pictures than i did but where downgraded, i guess those are the rules... My very first entry on W1k was disqualified because my picture was some kb's to big. I guess i just looking for excuses, but it's still is a very nice picture i took there. :) No this doesn't count as negative thought!

5 Kommentare:

  1. Haven't a clue what the mystery item is but it looks like something you'd find in a garage or workshop. I'm probably wrong but I'll guess at vice.

    The second photo is great. Very well done on such a high placing.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Looks like a vice to me and you placed the goldish highlight hole correctly in the rule of thirds sweet spot.
    I love the lighting on your statue, it's really really good.
    As for the placing, I don't worry re them anymore, if I'm happy with MY pic I feel good wherever I come. Of course a win is nice and an extra bonus (winks.)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Looks like the back of the barrel of a gun with a single bullet in it.

    Love that shoebox shot. Very nicely done and great lighting.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I have no idea what it could be - I do like the composition, with the shadows and splashes of light.
    I love the statue!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I too am guessing a vice grip or pipe wrench!

    AntwortenLöschen